Glenn Gabe is a digital marketing veteran with over 25 years of experience. During that time, Glenn has helped a wide range of companies improve their organic search performance. Glenn currently offers several core services, including algorithm update recovery, technical SEO audits, SEO for website redesigns and migrations, and SEO training.
Glenn is a columnist at Search Engine Land and his latest posts can always be found on his blog, The Internet Marketing Driver. Glenn also speaks at industry conferences including SMX East, SMX West, Search Engine Journal Summit, and more. And Glenn provides SEO Bootcamp training both on-site for clients, and classroom-style in Princeton, NJ.
During his career, Glenn has helped companies across a wide range of industries including publishing, e-commerce, health and medical, finance, startups, military, education, non-profits, real estate, affiliate marketing, and more.
It Begins – The Web in 1994
After graduating college, Glenn was fortunate enough to attend a presentation at an IBM conference center where a marketing expert was presenting to the top 50 retailers in the country. He was presenting the web, but at a relatively early stage. Halfway through the presentation, about three quarters of the room had emptied out, but Glenn was glued. Like the presenter, Glenn knew that the web was going to be extremely powerful for marketing and advertising. He wanted to get involved, and quickly.
The Internet Bug
In 2001, Glenn launched G-Squared Interactive LLC, to help companies utilize next-generation technologies to market their products and services. He soon productized a video-based e-Marketing platform called Heighten Marketing Technology®, which enabled clients to seamlessly use a flash video environment to increase sales, while tracking key activities in a .NET-powered back-end. Using Heighten, he was able to assist a wide range of clients across several verticals, including online auctions, video production services, medical products, health and fitness, and consumer goods.
Can You Help Us?
As G-Squared Interactive’s client list grew and internet marketing soared, Glenn was asked to assist companies on several levels beyond video-based campaigns. It made sense. Cool websites and web applications were great, but how could you drive traffic to them? The companies that Glenn was assisting (from small businesses to large brands) started realizing that you can build the best website in the world, but if you can’t get people there, you’re dead in the water.
So Glenn became heavily involved in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Paid Search, Social Advertising, and Social Media Marketing. And as client campaigns grew in size, he began working extensively with various web analytics packages, such as Omniture, Google Analytics, Coremetrics, and WebTrends.
Tying It All Together
Glenn’s technical skillset combined with his sales and marketing experience enable G-Squared Interactive to tackle projects from a unique perspective. Glenn uses his programming and web development experience to address internet marketing projects from a technical perspective, and he uses his sales and marketing experience to approach projects from a business perspective. Glenn has found this combination to greatly benefit his clients.
Helping a Wide Range of Companies
Over the past 25 years, Glenn has held leadership positions both in-house and at a global agency. Glenn was the Vice President and Director of Search Strategy at MRM Worldwide, a global digital agency based in New York City. At MRM, Glenn was the Lead Search Strategist for the US Army, Exxon Mobil, Bertolli, and Lunesta. Glenn also helped develop MRM Worldwide’s global search capability, since MRM had offices in over 30 countries.
Prior to MRM, Glenn led SEO for Yellowbook, a leading IYP located outside of Philadelphia. Glenn led all aspects of SEO for yellowbook.com, a website containing nearly 20 million webpages. And as mentioned earlier, Glenn began his career at Neslte Waters where he developed web and multimedia applications.
Blogging, Social, and Tweeting
Glenn is an avid blogger and is the author of The Internet Marketing Driver, G-Squared Interactive’s blog dedicated to the latest in SEO strategy. He is also a columnist at Search Engine Land, where he writes about advanced SEO topics. In addition, Glenn has published a number of Web Stories covering major algorithm updates, technical SEO topics, case studies, and tutorials.
Here are a few of Glenn’s latest blog posts:
- Amazing Search Experiments and New Features in Google Land (2022 Edition) – Based on Glenn’s presentation at the Google SEO Meetup in New York City
- Google’s March 2022 Product Reviews Update (PRU) – Analysis and findings from the affiliate front lines
- How NewsGuard’s nutritional labels can help publishers avoid manual actions for medical content (News and Discover)
- What Discover’s “More recommendations” feature, Journeys in Chrome, and MUM mean for the future of Search
- How to extend a multi-site indexing monitoring system by comparing Google-selected and user-selected canonical urls (using the URL Inspection API and Analytics Edge)
- Favi-gone: 5 reasons why your favicon disappeared from the Google search results [Case Studies]
- Google Broad Core Updates and The Difference Between Relevancy Adjustments, Intent Shifts, and Overall Site Quality Problems
- Google’s December 2021 Product Reviews Update – Analysis and Findings
- And the companion Web Story about the December Product Reviews Update covering key findings
- The short and long-term ranking impact of removing long and fluff e-commerce category descriptions [Case Study]
- Google’s July 2021 Broad Core Update – Rapid-fire Insights From The Summer of Two Core Algorithm Updates
If you are looking to get in touch with Glenn, you can send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. He is connected 24/7. In addition, you can follow Glenn on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to keep up with his latest projects, news, and blog posts.